Sierra Boggess was born on May 20, 1982 in Colorado. She attended Millikin University. She made her national tour debut in the ensemble of Les Misérables, and she also understudied Cosette.
She was cast as Christine Daae in the Las Vegas production of The Phantom of the Opera, and made her Broadway debut as Ariel in Disney’s new musical The Little Mermaid.
In 2010, she returned to the role of Christine, this time playing her in Andrew Lloyd Webber’s sequel Love Never Dies in London. She was nominated for an Olivier Award for her performance. She returned to Broadway in 2011, in Master Class, opposite Tyne Daly.
Boggess performed in The Phantom of the Opera at the Royal Albert Hall, a celebration of the show’s 25th anniversary in London. This production was filmed and released in movie theatres and released on DVD and on CD.
In 2012, Boggess appeared off-Broadway in the play Love, Loss, and What I Wore. She then returned to London to play Fantine in the West End production of Les Misérables.
The next year, she once again played the role of Christine, this time on Broadway in The Phantom of the Opera, to celebrate the Broadway production’s 25th Anniversary. She played the role again for a limited engagement in 2014 as well.
She originated the role of Rebecca Steinburg in the new Broadway musical It Shoulda Been You in 2015, and later that year originated the role of Principal Rosalie Mullins in Andrew Lloyd Webber’s new musical School of Rock, based on the film of the same name.
Boggess most recently appeared in The Age of Innocence, in Connecticut and New Jersey.
- In 2013 she made her solo show debut at 54 Below in NYC, and released a live album called Awakening.
- Boggess often uses this quote: “"You are enough... You are so enough... It’s unbelievable how enough you are.”
- She was supposed to appear in a French version of The Phantom of the Opera as Christine, but the production was cancelled due to a fire in the theatre
- She has two sisters, Summer and Allegra.
- Andrew Lloyd Webber claims that Sierra is objectively the best Christine
- She appeared in the Encores! production of Music in the Air opposite Kristin Chenoweth
- Boggess appears on the cast recordings of The Little Mermaid, The Phantom of the Opera at the Royal Albert Hall, A Little Princess, Love Never Dies, School of Rock, It Shoulda Been You
- She also appears on Rodgers & Hammerstein at the Movies: The John Wilson Orchestra, Where the Sky Ends: The Songs of Michael Mott, BroadwayWorld Visits Oz,
Official Website: www.SierraBoggess.com
Verified Twitter: @SierraBoggess
Verified Official Facebook Page: Sierra Boggess Official
Songs to listen to:
“Part of Your World” – The Little Mermaid: Original Broadway Cast Recording
“Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again” – The Phantom of the Opera at the Royal Albert Hall
“Think of Me” – The Phantom of the Opera at the Royal Albert Hall
“Love Never Dies” – Love Never Dies
“Over the Rainbow” – BroadwayWorld Visits Oz